How do you pronounce ‘mauve’? Mawv. Mohv. AGH. *pulls out hair* Who knows? Anyway, I think we can all agree that this shade is beautiful no matter what it sounds like! I am an avid fan of mauve lips. I have an ever-growing collection of products which look exactly alike since I am always drawn to this shade! *whoops* To me, mauve is a muted/dusty purple color, similar to a “Your Lips but Better” shade, except a bit darker. I typically shy away from bold lips, so this color is perfect for me since it is so natural and adds just a bit of color. I have a few favorite products in this shade that I am constantly reaching for this time a year, which I shall now share with you all!
- Ofra Lip Pencil in Wine This lip liner is the perfect shade for fall. It is a slightly deeper shade than my lips, but still looks very natural. When I use this to lightly line the outer edge, it does not look like I am wearing any product at all, my lips just look naturally full.
- Buxom Lipstick in Hooligan This shade is pretty much an exact match to liner I just mentioned, only in lipstick form. I love to wear this during the fall! It’s moisturizing and long-lasting.
- Kat Von D Studded Lipstick in Lovecraft I LOVE THIS LIPSTICK. This shade is very popular. It is constantly sold out and very hard to get your hands on! I used some of my points to get a little sample of this beautiful product since I can never find the full-sized one. It is a matte lipstick with some major lasting power! It does pretty well even when eating and drinking! The shade is slightly lighter than the previous products mentioned and is an exact match to the natural color of my lips. I normally shy away from such opaque lipsticks, but since this one is so natural, I love wearing it! It is not drying as most matte products are and it doesn’t settle into any fine lines.
- Buxom Gloss in Dolly This gloss compliments with Hooligan very well, but also looks amazing on its own. I wear this gloss constantly and love the glossy shine it adds to my lips.
- NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu This gloss is perfect for everyday wear. I always find myself reaching for it since it is an easy, swipe-and-go product. It is a bit lighter than all the other shades. I love that this gloss has no shimmer in it and leaves my lips with a very natural shine. If you’re looking for some high quality, affordable lipgloss, I highly recommend all of NYX’s Butter Glosses!
- NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien I know, I talk about this lip pencil constantly on my blog… but for good reason! This product is so beautiful and leaves your lips with a little bit of shimmer. It goes with any makeup look and you definitely need it in your life.
Thank you so much for reading! What are your favorite mauve lip products? Also, how do you pronounce mauve?
I’d love to connect with you on social media! :