I don’t know about you, but I personally think cookies are one of the greatest creations ever. I am normally too lazy to spend an hour baking, so I love being able to whip up a batch of these in just a few minutes. Not only are these cookies super quick and easy to make, they are also healthy and would even make the perfect breakfast! I will be putting this recipe to use a lot this year on my way to class, since these delicious creations are perfect to grab on the go!
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 1 cup of old-fashioned oats
Some Optional Add-Ins:
- Chocolate Chips
- Apple Sauce
- Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease your baking sheet. I like to grease foil with a bit of butter and place that on my baking pan to reduce the amount of dishes. 😉
- Mash up your bananas with a fork or potato masher. This step is much easier when the bananas are very ripe. A good tip if your bananas aren’t ripe enough yet is to microwave them for 30 seconds beforehand to make them a bit softer and easier to use.
- Stir in your oats. Don’t be afraid to get messy at this point. If your having trouble using a spatula, use your hands (clean ones, of course! 😉 to mix the oats and banana together! Sometimes, I like to add 1/3 cup more oats to make the mixture a bit thicker, so feel free to adjust the amount of oats until you get your desired consistency. I don’t recommend doing much more than 1 3/4 cups of oats as the cookies can become dry.
- Mix in your add-ins of choice. These cookies are great without any extra ingredients, but I love to add in a handful of craisins, a dash of cinnamon, and a few spoonfuls of apple sauce. The apple sauce helps to add more moisture and give the cookies a really yummy apple flavor! To keep the recipe on the healthier side, I use reduced sugar craisins and sugar-free apple sauce.
- Pop the cookies into the oven for 10-15 minutes. The longer you leave them in, the more crunch you’ll get on the outside of the cookie! I usually get about 18 smaller cookies out of this mixture, but you can make them as big as your little heart desires.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Can you believe how simple these cookies are? They are so easy and quick to make! These are the perfect on-the-go breakfast or snack that will keep you full and completely free of guilt. They’re perfect on school or work mornings when you don’t have time to make breakfast before you run out the door and even make a great snack to munch on throughout the day!
Thanks for reading! I hope that you enjoyed this recipe and try it out yourself!
I’d love to connect with you on social media! :