Hey there, lovelies!
Perfecting my skin is my favorite step of my everyday makeup routine. I don’t typically take a lot of time on my makeup in the morning. I’m usually half asleep and too lazy to really care what I look like. I can’t function until I’ve had my coffee. Since I am always running low on energy in the mornings, I like to keep things natural and just focus most my time on my foundation, perfecting any problems that I am currently having. Since I love perfecting my skin so much, I enjoy finding new products that help me out. As you may have guessed, these new foundation-perfecting discoveries are the reason we gather here today, in my corner of the internet.🙂 I shall now tell you all about their amazing makeup base perfecting abilities.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water – This stuff makes my foundation look flawless. FLAW-LESS. It is very hydrating, so it’s perfect for those dry skin days. If you have trouble with flaky, dry skin, I would definitely recommend this. Not only can you use it before your makeup, but also afterwards to lock everything in and give your skin a nice glow! If my makeup is every looking cake-y this product saves the day and smoothes everything out. Not only that, but it increases the wear of my makeup for at least 2-3+ hours more than usual.
- 2B Primer Makeup Base – This primer makes my makeup last all day! I can get a good 8-9 hour use out of it, which is especially amazing considering its price! Normally all 2B products are half off, so I’ve never seen this primer go above $4.95. Not only is it affordable, but it also isn’t made with silicone, which means it won’t break you out. It is lightweight and has a slight fresh scent to it. It claims to be slightly mattifying. Overall, it leaves my skin with a satin finish, not too far on the matte side of things.
- M.A.C. Studio Face and Body Foundation – I am OBSESSED with this product. This foundation has a slight glow to the finish, but it never gets to the point of making me look like a disco ball. When I just want a bit of coverage, I can use a tiny amount of this and it gives the perfect sheer finish. It can also be built up to more of a medium/full coverage depending on how much you put on. I like to use my Zoeva 102 Silk Finish brush when applying this. If you want a natural foundation, I can’t recommend MAC face and body enough!
- 2B Waterproof Concealer – This is another one of my new favorites from 2B Cosmetics. Their concealer correcting waterproof stick in the shade peach is perfect for my under eye area. Since it has a peach tint, it helps to remove my dark circles. It’s great on any zits that I have as well. One tip I would give is to not apply too much under your eyes since it may crease a bit. With that said, I still think it’s an amazing product and I’ve never seen this go above $3.99, so it’s definitely a steal!
- Makeup Forever HD Pressed Powder – No other powder has been able to make my pores look as invisible as this one. I am in love with MUFE’s Pressed Powder since it makes my skin look extremely smooth and never lets my under eye area crease. Since my T-zone is constantly oily, this powder is constantly saving my life… or at least my makeup from smudging all over the place.
Thank you so much for reading! Are there any other makeup base essentials out there that I need to discover?
I’D LOVE TO CONNECT WITH YOU ON SOCIAL MEDIA! :